Sunday, May 31, 2009

Savannah Beach & Racquet Club







Savannah Beach & Racquet Club is located on Tybee north end of the Island. SBRC will always hold a special place in my heart for two reasons. First it was my very first real estate sale on Tybee. I have been selling real estate since 1986 - but all of my sales prior to Savannah Beach and Racquet were in my hometown of Kent, Ohio. When we first moved to Tybee our family decided to open a small bakery/coffee shop on Tybrisa - we had the bakery for several years - but decided that it made more sense to stay in the field that we knew (real estate).






So, to make a long story short I decided to sell real estate full time on Tybee and surrounding areas. I began as most realtors begin and was at the real estate office getting familar with current listings. My dear friend Jeanette and her husband Ed were visiting from Texas and decided to keep me company in the office. They started looking at some of the listings and suggested that it would be "fun" for me to practice showing property on Tybee to them. So, off we go with lock box key in hand and we went exploring. After several days of looking at a variety of properties a new listing came on the market at Savannah Beach and Racquet - it was ocean/river front and Ed said let's take a look - and then they both said let's make an offer---- and to move to the end of the story - they bought the condo!!! So, not only did I make my first sale - but, my dearest of friends now own a condo on Tybee!!! They are so happy with their condo that they recently purchased a condo in Taso New Mexico - their plan is to spend 1/2 the year at Tybee and 1/2 the year Taos - sounds like a good plan to me.






Sue Bentley
Realtor on Tybee Island
contact Sue at 912-441-0617
sbentley@bellsouth.net

No comments: