Thursday, January 22, 2009

Tybee Island Granola

I promised recipes too. I was given this recipe at Christmas with a full bottle of Granola. YUM! I decided after trying a couple of the store brands to make my own last eve and pulled out the Christmas recipe. I hope you enjoy it as much as I have. I filled with lots of dried fruit and top my yougurt off every morning to start the day.. ENJOY

Gronals
1/2 C maple syrup
1/3 C. honey
3 T canola oil
1 1/2 T vanilla
4 1/2 C of regular oats
1 C quick cooking barley
3/4 C chopped walnuts
1/2 C wheat germ
1 t. cinnamon
1/4 t nutmeg

Preheat over 325. Whisk syrup, honey, oil and vanilla together in a small bowl. Combine oats, barley, wheat germ and spices in a large bowl. Add wet mixture to dry and then stir well to coat. Spray jellyroll pan with cooking spray, then spread mixture evenly. Bake 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes. Stir in dried fruit. Cool and store in air tight containeer. Makes 24 1/3 C servings

No comments: